[xmlsec] About xmlParseInNodeContext() in libxml2.

StackWD(hotmail) StackWD at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 14 23:41:32 PDT 2004

Hi!

   There is an example. The buffer is what I want to parse, the NS xsi is defined in soap.xml.
    char *buffer = "<xsi:getsumReturn xsi:type=\"xsd:int\">9</xsi:getsumReturn>";

    xmlInitParser();
    LIBXML_TEST_VERSION
    xmlLoadExtDtdDefaultValue = XML_DETECT_IDS | XML_COMPLETE_ATTRS;
    xmlSubstituteEntitiesDefault(1);

    /* load template */
    doc = xmlParseFile("soap.xml");
    if ((doc == NULL) || (xmlDocGetRootElement(doc) == NULL)){
        fprintf(stderr, "Error: unable to parse file \"%s\"\n", "soap.xml");
        goto done;
    }

    ret = xmlParseInNodeContext(xmlDocGetRootElement(doc), buffer, xmlStrlen(buffer), XML_PARSE_NOENT, &encNode);
    if(ret < 0) {
        fprintf(stderr, "Error: xmlParseInNodeContext.\n");
        goto done;
    }

    xmlAddChild(xmlDocGetRootElement(doc), encNode);
    xmlDocDump(stdout, doc);

    xmlFreeDoc(doc);  <----- The error : Segmentation fault occur!

soap.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Envelope xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"></Envelope>

  BTW, I use function xmlParseInNodeContext() because after encrypt node <xsi:getsumReturn xsi:type="xsd:int">9</xsi:getsumReturn>, the xsi NS will not found when decrypt it. If you have another good method I will replace it.
  Thx!