[xmlsec] Cygwin+XmlSec

Roland Schmitt Roland.Schmitt at web.de
Fri Aug 6 00:20:41 PDT 2004

Hello Gerrit,

Gerrit P. Haase <gp at familiehaase.de> schrieb am 05.08.04 18:29:20:

> RS> i have tried to build xmlsec on cygwin. To do so, i have installed
> RS> all dependencies like libxml. Then i have successfully compiled
> RS> openssl 0.9.7. After this i compile xmlsec and it seem to work,
> RS> but when i use the commandline-tool xmlsec1, the following error
> RS> is thrown:
>
> Libxml2, Libxslt and openssl are included in the Cygwin netrelease,
> why do you compile these yourself?  You have an openssl, an xml2 and
> an xslt DLL available?

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I have only openssl+xmlsec compiled, the other libs are the ones from cygwin that you have mentioned.  Just to give it a try and to prove that the error is not from cygwins openssl, i downloaded and installed openssl from scratch.

> RS> $ xmlsec1 --encrypt knowledge-schema.xml
> RS> func=xmlSecCryptoDLLibraryCreate:file=dl.c:line=130:obj=xmlsec_lt_dlopen:subj=un
> RS> known:error=7:io function failed:filename=libxmlsec1-openssl.dll
> RS> func=xmlSecCryptoDLGetLibraryFunctions:file=dl.c:line=453:obj=unknown:subj=xmlSe
> RS> cCryptoDLLibraryCreate:error=1:xmlsec library function failed:crypto=openssl
> RS> func=xmlSecCryptoDLLoadLibrary:file=dl.c:line=404:obj=unknown:subj=xmlSecCryptoD
> RS> LGetLibraryFunctions:error=1:xmlsec library function failed:
> RS> Error: unable to load xmlsec-openssl library. Make sure that you have
> RS> this it installed, check shared libraries path (LD_LIBRARY_PATH)
> RS> envornment variable or use "--crypto" option to specify different
> RS> crypto engine.
> RS> Error: initialization failed
>
> RS> The files libxmlsec1-openssl.{a|la} are in /usr/local/lib.
> RS> openssl version 0.9.7d
> RS> xmlsec 1.2.5

> I see the same problem.  It seems that dlopen doesn't work in this
> case.  Can you point me to the relevant source part (where the dynamic
> library should get loaded)?

Sorry, i dont know exactly, what you mean. The problem is, i think, in file dl.c when loading the crypto-engine:

128:    lib->handle = xmlsec_lt_dlopen((char*)lib->filename);
129:    if(lib->handle == NULL) {
130:	xmlSecError(XMLSEC_ERRORS_HERE,
131:		    "xmlsec_lt_dlopen",
132:		    NULL,
133:		    XMLSEC_ERRORS_R_IO_FAILED,
134:		    "filename=%s",
135:		    xmlSecErrorsSafeString(lib->filename));
136:	xmlSecCryptoDLLibraryDestroy(lib);
137:	return(NULL);
138:    }

Besides this, a file libxmlsec1-openssl.dll does not exist anywhere on my system, only libxmlsec1-openssl.a and .la

> You're welcome,
> Gerrit
Danke schön!

Roland