[xmlsec] Cygwin+XmlSec

Gerrit P.Haase gp at familiehaase.de
Thu Aug 5 09:29:12 PDT 2004

Roland Schmitt writes:

RS> Hello,

RS> i have tried to build xmlsec on cygwin. To do so, i have installed
RS> all dependencies like libxml. Then i have successfully compiled
RS> openssl 0.9.7. After this i compile xmlsec and it seem to work,
RS> but when i use the commandline-tool xmlsec1, the following error
RS> is thrown:

Libxml2, Libxslt and openssl are included in the Cygwin netrelease,
why do you compile these yourself?  You have an openssl, an xml2 and
an xslt DLL available?

RS> $ xmlsec1 --encrypt knowledge-schema.xml
RS> func=xmlSecCryptoDLLibraryCreate:file=dl.c:line=130:obj=xmlsec_lt_dlopen:subj=un
RS> known:error=7:io function failed:filename=libxmlsec1-openssl.dll
RS> func=xmlSecCryptoDLGetLibraryFunctions:file=dl.c:line=453:obj=unknown:subj=xmlSe
RS> cCryptoDLLibraryCreate:error=1:xmlsec library function failed:crypto=openssl
RS> func=xmlSecCryptoDLLoadLibrary:file=dl.c:line=404:obj=unknown:subj=xmlSecCryptoD
RS> LGetLibraryFunctions:error=1:xmlsec library function failed:
RS> Error: unable to load xmlsec-openssl library. Make sure that you have
RS> this it installed, check shared libraries path (LD_LIBRARY_PATH)
RS> envornment variable or use "--crypto" option to specify different
RS> crypto engine.
RS> Error: initialization failed

RS> The files libxmlsec1-openssl.{a|la} are in /usr/local/lib.
RS> openssl version 0.9.7d
RS> xmlsec 1.2.5

RS> Any ideas?

I see the same problem.  It seems that dlopen doesn't work in this
case.  Can you point me to the relevant source part (where the dynamic
library should get loaded)?

RS> Thanks,

You're welcome,
Gerrit