[xmlsec] non us-ascii filenames in user locale

Roumen Petrov xmlsec at roumenpetrov.info
Tue Jun 22 02:41:00 PDT 2004

Please find attached file "uni2nonuni-filename.c.bz2".
This sample debug translation from unicode string "modèle.txt" to all
supported iconv charsets (including aliases) and check for existence of
the file.

Test linux enviroment:
- iconv version 2.2.5;
- LANG=bg_BG.ISO8859-5;
- filename "modèle.txt" is created in locale fr_FR.

Converted to nonunicode string filename is valid in 88 cases from 915
charsets (including aliases).
Most important are:
"ISO-8859-1"
"ISO-8859-3"