[xmlsec] xmlSecDSigCtxSign question

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Thu Jun 3 10:16:22 PDT 2004

> 1) Is is possible to use xmlSecDSigCtxSign without using any
> xmlsec-crypto libraries? I want to do this because I use a different
> library (StreamSec for Win32) to manipulate the certificates and keys.
xmlsec-crypto libraries are used to do actual crypto operations thus
the answer is obviously "no".

> 2) I have already explored the option of calling xmlSecCryptoAppKeyLoad
> to fill out the signKey value of a xmlSecDSigCtxPtr structure (with
> mscrypto loaded) but are having problems finding a format that will
> work. The data is saved using StreamSec. What is the format of
> xmlSecKeyDataFormatBinary format?
xmlSecKeyDataFormatBinary format is used for symmetric keys only.

> 3) Is there an entirely different approach to creating and filling out a
> xmlSecDSigCtxPtr structure that I didn't see??
Since you have your own crypto library, it might be worth it to create
your own xmlsec-streamsec. This way you will have no need to convert
keys from StreamSec memory representation to mscrypto (or any other
crypto lib) memory representation.