[xmlsec] xmlSecDSigCtxSign question

Erik F. Andersen ea at ascott.dk
Thu Jun 3 07:22:29 PDT 2004

Hello!

I want to sign a document with xmlSecDSigCtxSign. I am currently investigating three options (for me) and would like some feed-back:

1) Is is possible to use xmlSecDSigCtxSign without using any xmlsec-crypto libraries? I want to do this because I use a different library (StreamSec for Win32) to manipulate the certificates and keys.

2) I have already explored the option of calling xmlSecCryptoAppKeyLoad to fill out the signKey value of a xmlSecDSigCtxPtr structure (with mscrypto loaded) but are having problems finding a format that will work. The data is saved using StreamSec. What is the format of xmlSecKeyDataFormatBinary format?

3) Is there an entirely different approach to creating and filling out a xmlSecDSigCtxPtr structure that I didn't see??

Regards,
Erik F. Andersen