[xml] Re: [xmlsec] exc c14n w/o comments bug

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Tue May 11 13:28:08 PDT 2004

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 11:39:40AM -0700, Aleksey Sanin wrote:
> Help is always welcome :) I suspect that the problem is caused by
> the fact that LibXML2 attribute namespace has a different memory
> representation from the namespace declaration. In this particular
> case the problem is that attribute namespace *is not* returned in
> the list of nodes selected by XPath expression.

  Hum ... are you suggesting it's a bug ? The XPath data model clearly
differentiates attributes from namespace.

> The change is more or less trivial but it requires *very* carefull
> testing. My estimates is that change itself would take about an hour
> and testing would take another 3-4 hours. And it's more than I have
> these days :(

  How is the weird serialization generated ? Is the redundant
xmlns information pushed as an attribute instead of a namespace ?
Maybe there is some fixup needed at the libxml2 tree API too.

Daniel