[xmlsec] exclusive canonicalization problem - multiple namespace declaration

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Tue Apr 13 11:35:52 PDT 2004

Seems to be working fine for me:

D:\tmp\xml>testC14N.exe
Error: wrong number of arguments.
Usage: testC14N.exe <mode> <xml-file> [<xpath-expr>] [<inclusive-ns-list>]
where <mode> is one of following:
--with-comments          XML file canonization w comments
--without-comments       XML file canonization w/o comments
--exc-with-comments      Exclusive XML file canonization w comments
--exc-without-comments   Exclusive XML file canonization w/o comments

$ xmllint --version
xmllint: using libxml version 20608
    compiled with: DTDValid FTP HTTP HTML C14N Catalog XPath XPointer
XInclude Unicode Regexps Automata Schemas

$ cat test.xml
<SOAP-ENV:Body
        <ns0:Ping
            xmlns:ns0="http://xmlsoap.org/Ping"
            xsi:type="ns0:ping">
            <ns0:text
                xsi:type="xsd:string">Hello.</ns0:text>
        </ns0:Ping>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>

$ testC14N.exe --exc-with-comments test.xml
<SOAP-ENV:Body xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
        <ns0:Ping xmlns:ns0="http://xmlsoap.org/Ping"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.or
g/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:type="ns0:ping">
            <ns0:text xsi:type="xsd:string">Hello.</ns0:text>
        </ns0:Ping>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>

Aleksey