[xmlsec] Microsoft CAPI support with hardware token

Wouter wsh at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 31 11:11:58 PST 2004

Hi,

It's very interesting that you got this far. It's on my list to test
this out sometime in the future. Didn't you get problems with the
default CSP that is selected with the MS CryptoAPI implementation? I can
remember from earlier tests (not with xmlsec lib) that you explicitly
had to select a certain provider here, and that is not configurable at
this moment with xmlsec lib (+ mscrypto).

About the CryptDuplicateKey problem, you're right, it is not really
needed. However the problem that might occur when you just copy the
reference is that on destroying 1 key context, the key might be rendered
invalid in the other context (was that the problem with encryption?). A
solution here could be to create some kind of reference count for this
context (I didn't find any evidence that ms crypto api supported
refcounts for keys). I think it can be done via the
_xmlSecMSCryptoKeyDataCtx struct. This refcount must be shared between
the different key contexts. My only question right now would be: Do we
need to synchronize access to this context (I think not)?

Wouter