[xmlsec] Questions regarding xmlsec-nss

Govind Krishnamurthi govs23 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 30 08:50:54 PST 2004

Hi Aleksey,
I am trying to familiarize myself with xmlsec-nss on a RedHat Linux 9.0. I
am currently using
libxml2 2.5.8 and libxslt-1.0.31 and  nss-3.9

I am trying to test the signing (example:sign1) and I found out that the
code exits with errors. I checked the code and it seemed that it had to do
with incorrect formats and the only format
that will pass through both xmlSecNssAppKeyLoad() amd
xmlSecNssAppKeyCertLoad() (there is a typo in the README file btw which
mentions this) is xmlSecKeyDataFormatDer.  I have two questions,
is there any s/w wherein I can generate a key in this format?  Second, how
difficult is it to extend the support to other key formats in xmlsec? Or is
the problem with  NSS, which has no support.
Sorry if these questions are trivial, I am  new in this area. I tried to
generate the DER file using
openssl and apparently the resultant key is not in the right format, and
this results in a segmentation fault Thanks in advance for your answers.

Regards,
Govind.