[xmlsec] Encryption and namespace

Matthias Jung matthias.jung at xtradyne.com
Tue Mar 23 04:59:58 PST 2004

Daniel, you are right. Extending the error check condition in xmlsec
does not solve the problem, it just supresses error reporting. A more
detailed view to the decrypted xml showed me that the decrypted
namespcace was missing after parsing.

<a b:type=""/>  will be parsed and serialized to  <a type=""/>  which is
incorrect.

There is another idea I have about parsing partial xml.
Would it be possible to set up a parserContext from an existing
xmlDocPtr? In this case it should be possible to correctly parse a
single subelement and perform all checks correctly (even namespace
definition checks).

Regards Matthias