[xmlsec] Encryption and namespace

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Mon Mar 22 08:52:04 PST 2004

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 08:47:16AM -0800, Aleksey Sanin wrote:
> It seems to me that this is only a warning. The code in
> gnome-xml/parser.c file prints out the error message
> 	"Namespace prefix %s for %s on %s is not defined\n"
> and continues. It should still create the XML tree.

  yes but it can't create a decent XML tree. The document
is not conformant to Namespace in XML Rec. I don't know who or
why people though that it's an acceptable situation, but it's
not. To be able to run XPath on a document it MUST be compliant
to Namespace in XML, as a result I think that XML Sec and DSig
should fail on such document.

Daniel