[xmlsec] that release question again

John Belmonte john at neggie.net
Tue Jan 20 15:31:25 PST 2004

[I posted this yesterday from the wrong email address, so here it is
again.  The late breaking news is that gnutls 1.x made it into Debian.
Still, I'm interested in the latest xmlsec fixes for nss, because I plan
to enable that engine finally.]

Sorry Aleksey, but I have to ask about when the next release is again.

There is pressure these days for xmlsec 1.2.x since it is required by
pyxmlsec (see http://bugs.debian.org/228531).  Also, as I mentioned
before, Debian may be approaching a freeze for the next release, so I'd
like to get a recent version of xmlsec in before that happens.

Part of this is my fault, because on the last few occasions I should
have verified that the CVS head was acceptable before asking you to make
a release.  (In this case I know it's OK because you've only made
changes for my reported problems :-) .)

The other cause is that I'm being somewhat pedantic about not wanting to
package a patched xmlsec.  If my package says "version 1.2.3", I want it
to really mean 1.2.3 as released by upstream.  Also in the case of a
change to configure.in, it propagates to many other files that must be
patched, because the Debian build does not run autoconf.

Regards,
-John

--
http:// if  ile.org/