[xmlsec] dynamic crypto loading

P.Q.Hung hungpq at volny.cz
Thu Jan 15 09:14:52 PST 2004

Thanks a lot for your answer. My comments are inline.

> No, it's not a known bug. First of all, check the runtime library you
> use in the library and in the application (see windows section in the
> faq for details: http://www.aleksey.com/xmlsec/faq.html)
>
> If this does not help, I would appreciate if you can give more
> details about the problem (stack trace, etc.)

May be the problem lies on the fact that our application loaded openssl lib
before initializing xmlseclib and terminate it itself.

--------
Stack trace:
  ntdll.dll!77f75a58()
  ntdll.dll!77f9cb5e()
  ntdll.dll!77f9cfc4()
  ntdll.dll!77f9e139()
  ntdll.dll!77f9e2a6()
  ntdll.dll!77f9e28f()
  ntdll.dll!77f85010()
  ntdll.dll!77f9e28f()
  ntdll.dll!77f85010()
  ntdll.dll!77f85529()
  ntdll.dll!77f85529()
  libeay32.dll!0179aa08()
  ntdll.dll!77f58b37()
  ntdll.dll!77f85529()
  ntdll.dll!77f58b37()
  ntdll.dll!77f59037()
  ntdll.dll!77f58a3a()
  msvcrt.dll!77c2ab2e()
  ntdll.dll!77f59037()
  msvcrt.dll!77c2ab2e()
  libxmlsec.dll!xmlSecCryptoDLFree(void * ptr=0x02212df8)  Line 319 + 0xc C
  libxmlsec.dll!xmlsec_lt_dlexit()  Line 1418 + 0x12 C
  libxmlsec.dll!xmlSecCryptoDLShutdown()  Line 377 + 0x5 C
  libxmlsec.dll!xmlSecShutdown()  Line 102 + 0x5 C
----

> Finally, if you do not need dynamic crypto libs loading then you can
> easily disable it from configure.js script.

Yes, I know. I defined WITH_DL= 0 and and it works well :-)
But http://www.aleksey.com/pipermail/xmlsec/2003/001391.html claims that
build on Windows
defaultly doesn't support dynamic loading.

> Aleskey
>

> P.Q.Hung wrote on 1/15/2004, 5:08 AM:
> > Hi,
> > I haven't found the answer in the mailing list, so I am posting this
> > question. Thanks in advance for an answer.
> > I am using xmlseclib 1.2.1 with opensll as default crypto pluggin,
Windows