[xmlsec] Success Building xmlsec on OS X

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Mon Jan 12 11:40:31 PST 2004

Ok, I found it. The problem is caused by the following line in aclocal.m4:

       shrext='$(test .$module = .yes && echo .so || echo .dylib)'

If I cahnge this line to

       shrext=`test .$module = .yes && echo .so || echo .dylib`

everything works just fine (note that in the tarball xmlsec distribution
this line
shows up in several files thus you need to change all of them).

All these autoconf scripts is a black magic to me thus I am not sure
that my
change is correct. The aclocal.m4 file in xmlsec distribution is picked
up from
my build box libtool files. And as I just checked I have latest and
greatest libtool
version installed. Probably we need to find some Mac expert who can help
with
this.