[xmlsec] Very Basic Questions About Building xmlsec Under OS X

David Mundie mundie at anthus.com
Fri Jan 9 15:18:17 PST 2004

This is too embarrassing a question to post to the xmlsec mailing list,
so I've just sent it to the three of you.

I have downloaded the xmlsec archive and run ./configure. What I get is:

checking for libxml2 libraries >= 2.4.2... yes ('')
checking for libxslt libraries >= 1.0.20... no
checking for gnutls libraries >= 1.0.4... no
checking for nspr libraries >= 4.0... no
checking for nss libraries >= 3.2... no
checking for crypto library... configure: error: At least one crypto
library should exist for xmlsec1

Although openssl 0.9.7 comes with Panther, apparently the libraries do
not. I had hoped I could just use my existing environment, but I guess
not.

I am *very* reluctant to download and install openssl on top of what
Apple delivers, for fear of clobbering my existing openssl. How should
I proceed? I haven't built openssl before - is there an option to
*only* build the libraries or something?

  - dam