[xmlsec] Re: NSS-Based XML Security Library Not Working on Linux

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Tue Dec 2 08:26:44 PST 2003

NSS does not support loading private keys from PEM file. Either use PKCS12
or import the key in NSS key db directly.

 From the README file in src/nss folder:

    10) Not all file formats are supported

    - xmlSecNssAppKeyLoad(): This function loads a PKI key from a file.
        The following formats are supported:
            . xmlSecKeyDataFormatDer: This expects the private key to be in
                    PrivateKeyInfo format. Note that the DER files
containing
                    private keys in the xmlsec test suite aren't in that
format
            . xmlsecKeyDataFormatPkcs12

        The following formats are not supported:
            . xmlSecKeyDataFormatPkcs8Pem
            . xmlSecKeyDataFormatPkcs8Der

    - xmlSecNssAppCertLoad(): This function loads a cert from a file.
        The following formats are supported:
            xmlSecKeyDataFormatDer

        The following formats are not supported:
            xmlSecKeyDataFormatPem

Aleksey