Rep:[xmlsec] XML Encryption with session key

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Sat Nov 15 08:05:39 PST 2003

>RSA-v1.5 works for AES192 and 3DES
>RSA-OAEP works for AES128 and AES256
>(http://www.aleksey.com/xmlsec/xmlenc.html)

These are MANDATORY requirements for XML Enc interop. Other key sizes are
also possible:
        http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlenc-core/#sec-Alg-KeyTransport

And xmlsec does support any symmetric key length if public key size is
enough.

>encrypt3.c
>(http://www.aleksey.com/xmlsec/api/xmlsec-encrypt-with-session-key.html)
>uses RSA-OAEP and 3DES (which is no good).

Looks good to me :)

>So I tried different scenarii and got the following:
>
>        RSA-v1.5 RSA-OAEP
>3DES       OK     Not-OK
>AES128     OK       OK
>AES192     OK     Not-OK
>AES256     OK     Not-OK
>
>Does that sound good to you?

No, it does not.  Since you was able to  get RSA-OAEP for the smallest
symmetric key only
then I would think that the problem is in the public key size. Try to
use 2048 bits key.

Aleksey

P.S. If you want me to read your mail then you should subscribe to
xmlsec mailing list.
This is a happy incident that I've discovered your mail in tons of spam
I got on
xmlsec mailing list from not-subscribed people.