[xmlsec] Problem with --with-mozilla-ver configure option

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Thu Nov 6 10:02:45 PST 2003

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 12:45:15PM -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 03:31:42PM -0800, Aleksey Sanin wrote:
> > I don't think so. Most likely it is a matter of having some
> > functionality disabled
> > when building with older versions. Tej?
>
>   Well another major pain is to find the version of mozilla-nss
> it's compiling again. Programmatically finding that for example
> mozilla is 1.4.1 is a pain, with recent versions you can try to
> extract that information from mozilla-config --includes , but
> that's not possible with mozilla-1.2 for example.
>   Can't this detection be automated from the configure.in ?

  To be even more constructive here is my proposal : use pkg-config
when available
e.g. if
pkg-config --exists openssl
then grab OPENSSL_CFLAG and OPENSSL_LIBS from
pkg-config --libs openssl
and
pkg-config --cflags openssl

  that would avoid most of the nastyness of the configure.in
The existing detection code would then only be used as a fallback
if pkg-config infos ain't available

  I may have to do just that to get it to build for Fedora Core,

Daniel