[xmlsec] signing with untrusted-der

Julianne Bielski bielsk at us.ibm.com
Mon Oct 27 06:32:57 PST 2003

Got it. My brain was fried when I sent that note.

-- Regards,

J. Bielski

Aleksey Sanin <aleksey at aleksey.com>
10/26/2003 06:21 PM

        To:     Julianne Bielski/Raleigh/IBM at IBMUS
        cc:     xmlsec at aleksey.com
        Subject:        Re: [xmlsec] signing with untrusted-der

I am not sure I understand what are you trying to do. "Trusted" and
"untrusted" certificates
are used for signature verification, not for signing (hint: you have to
have private key for
signature, certificate has only public key). I think you should look at
"--privkey-*" options.

Aleksey

Julianne Bielski wrote:

No matter what I try, I can't seem to get xmlsec.exe to sign a template
with my untrusted-der certificate. I consistently get error messages about
the object not being found.

xmlsec - -sign - -untrusted-der julie.cer test.xml

 I've been able to use the library to validate signatures created with
this key.
Admittedly, I'm not exactly sure what to put in a template when using an
untrusted-der. I've tried all sorts of combinations, and none of them seem
to work.