[xmlsec] loading crypto engines as plugins, build changes, etc.

Igor Zlatkovic igor at zlatkovic.com
Mon Sep 22 07:09:05 PDT 2003

> That is fine Igor. Your reputation precedes you and your comments are
always
> enthusiastically welcome (at least by me) no matter how far off topic they
> might be. Keep up the excellent work. By the way I could not find a
specfic
> link at the openssl.org site referring to SC or driver vendors with
SC/token
> support for OpenSSL. I would like to follow this potential path, mainly
> because I respect your collective opinions, and I believe there is a valid
> point you make.

The fact is just that OpenSSL has an interface for external crypto engines
since version 0.9.6. Meant for the use of external crypto hardware.

How many SC vendors, or individuals, decided to make use of it, that's
beyond me. I haven't needed it yet, so I didn't dig for more information.

Ciao,
Igor