[xmlsec] loading crypto engines as plugins, build changes, etc.

Edward Shallow ed.shallow at rogers.com
Sat Sep 20 11:33:08 PDT 2003

It seems we have touched a nerve !!!

Love your passion, but Wouter's excellent work in writing to the windows
CAPI interface (which is simply an interface)
puts all of us in a position to replace the underlying Crypto Service
Provider (i.e. CSP) with for example a smartcard vendor's CSP accessing a
secure hardware token  or smartcard, etc ...

Similarly with the NSS implementation, we are now able substitute PKCS11
providers and again leverage alternate crypto engines and
Key storage facilities.

Please tell me how that would be done in an OpenSSL environment with its
terribly "thin" key storage management ?

Ed