[xmlsec] OT: If you can't send me an email...

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Sat Sep 6 19:43:40 PDT 2003

Recently I start getting about 100,000 SMTP connections per day
from spammers trying to send messages to non-existing users
in my domains. It takes my network bandwidth and even worse,
it fills up my disk with smtp server logs :)

Because of that I've decided to start blocking SMTP connections
from the ips that have tried to send a message to non-existing user
more than 100 times. If you could not send me a message then:
    0) check the blocked ips list [1] to make sure that it is the reason;
    1) stop spam from your smtp server;
    2) contact me using some other smtp server to remove that ip
    from blocked list.
Other simple options is to just use another smtp server :)

Sorry for inconvenience,
Aleksey

[1] http://www.aleksey.com/blocked-smtp-ips.txt