[xmlsec] Mscrypto patch 2, for cvs XMLSEC_MSCRYPTO_083103 branch

Wouter wsh at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 3 12:50:40 PDT 2003

Hi,

Attached to this email is a patch for the initial mscrypto support
branch (XMLSEC_MSCRYPTO_083103), and a Readme.txt file that can be added
in src/mscrypto folder.

The patch includes:
- Fix out-of-box compile error(s)
- Code formatting (wrong identing, etc.) (At least I hope it's better
now :)
- Fixes for signatures (RSA-SHA1) and RSA key wrapping (PKCS1). I've
tested these against OpenSSL generated signatures and encrypted keys
(together with des3-cbc) with success.
- Added mscrypto descriptions to a couple of html files (docs dir). An
interesting issue I encountered: I don't know under what license exactly
MS CryptoAPI libs (crypt32.lib) are distributed. The libraries are part
of the OS, and are also distributed together with MS internet explorer.
I couldn't find any quick info on this, and I didn't dive into details
for this. So I put unknown in the license matrix :)
Another issue on the documentation. It was not completely clear to me
what could be regarded as supported by the mscrypto lib and what not,
since I had the feeling in the support matrix are both core libxmlsec
functionalities and crypto engine specific functionalities.

Aleksey, could please apply the patch to the cvs branch? This time the
patch is in UNIX format :)

I also discovered that I wrongly submitted the file mscerstore.c to
src/mscrypto with the initial release of the mscrypto support. This file
is not used, and can safely be removed (also from the cvs tree).

Have fun with the new code :)

Wouter
--
Wouter Ketting