[xmlsec] Verify on Microsoft-produced sig

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Fri Aug 29 10:20:41 PDT 2003

It does not look like it's a problem with undefined ID attributes. If
you run
xmlsec command line utility with "--store-references" flag you'll see that
we could not verify the first reference. It's has an xslt transform and with
"--store-references" flag you can see the result of processing this
transform:

    <my:myFields
xmlns:my="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/infopath/2003/myXSD/2003-04-12T15:07:25"
xml:lang="en-us">
        <my:OrderNumber>1234</my:OrderNumber>
        <my:txtName>Edward Shallow</my:txtName>
        <my:intCustomerNumber
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">12345678</my:intCustomerNumber>
        <my:signatures1></my:signatures1>
    </my:myFields>

This is the data that goes into digest and after that digests do not match.
I would suspect that there is an interop problem between MS xslt engine
and libxslt.
It would be helpfull if you can apply the same xslt template to the same
data
using MS engine and compare results.