[xmlsec] self signed certificate in chain

Michiels Olivier olivier.michiels at ubizen.com
Mon Aug 18 02:13:40 PDT 2003

Hi,
I've a xml file signed by a certificate. This certificate has been
signed by a root which is part of a hierarchy of roots.
operational root signed by a primary root signed by a top root.

When I try to verify the xml file the xmlsec lib print the following
error message:
func=xmlSecOpenSSLX509StoreVerify:file=x509vfy.c:line=351:obj=x509-store:subj=unknown:error=71:certificate verification failed:err=19;msg=self signed certificate in certificate chain
which is true, the top root is a self signed certificate.
What's wrong ? Another special option I've to put in my verifier ?

Thanks,

Olivier