[xmlsec] nss updates

Tej Arora tejbiz at aol.com
Fri Jul 25 17:34:08 PDT 2003

Aleksey Sanin wrote:

 > Hi, Tej!
 >
 > Everything looks great and I have committed this patch to CVS. As I told
 > you
 > today, I have fixed Windows build and this is also checked in CVS. We are
 > gettnig very close :) The only thing that makes me worry is that all
 > RSA-1.5
 > tests from the tests suite are failing:
 >     merlin-xmlenc-five/encrypt-element-aes128-cbc-rsa-1_5
 >     01-phaos-xmlenc-3/enc-element-3des-kt-rsa1_5
 >     01-phaos-xmlenc-3/enc-content-aes256-kt-rsa1_5
 >     01-phaos-xmlenc-3/enc-element-aes128-kt-rsa1_5
 >     01-phaos-xmlenc-3/enc-text-aes192-kt-rsa1_5

I just took a look at the tests. All of these tests
are sourcing an RSA key components from an xml file,
including the PrivateExponent.

NSS does not support this. In general, NSS is very
unfriendly towards any private key material in the
clear, for good reason.

I will update the README with this information.

For any tests needing private keys, we should change
the tests to source the keys from PKCS12 files.
What do you think?

-Tej