[xmlsec] xmlsec-nss patches from Sun( 2003-07-22 )

Andrew Fan Andrew.Fan at sun.com
Thu Jul 24 02:05:12 PDT 2003

Aleksey Sanin wrote:

>> Because we can get slot information from keys manager in the
>> xmlSecKeyInfoCtxPtr, so I think we can avoid use "getSlot" things here.
>

> Yes, I guess no we are discussing "how". AFAIK, we have two options on
> the table:
>    1) (Aleksey) mapping alg->slot
>    2) (Andrew) list of "enabled" slots

I have a suggestion. No matter which one used, we have agree on use the
same one interface:

-PK11SlotInfo* xmlSecNssGetSlot( CK_MECHANISM_TYPE type ) ;

which is the only one used by xmlSec internally. Others are user
interfaces. And my project maybe the first one use the nss-based crypto
engine. So you can make you decision which one we first adopt and I will
continue test the practicability in our project. At last I think we will
find the better one. OK?