[xmlsec] xmlsec-nss patches from Sun( 2003-07-22 )

Andrew Fan Andrew.Fan at sun.com
Thu Jul 24 01:46:21 PDT 2003

Aleksey Sanin wrote:

>> If we can avoid "getSlot" except the xmlSec*Generate functions,....
>

> PK11_GetBestSlot() is used when we need to put a key into keys slot.
> To my knowledge, there are only two cases when it is used:
>    1) when we read key from processed XML document (X509 cert,
>    encrypted key, etc.)

Because we can get slot information from keys manager in the
xmlSecKeyInfoCtxPtr, so I think we can avoid use "getSlot" things here.

The keys manager turns out again, I think we can put the "getSlot"
functions at keys manager. If you have time, you can have a look at the
"keystore.c" of my demo, which provide a xmlSecKeyStore and a routine
returns a xmlSecKeysMngrPtr. I used the "xmlSecNssKeyStoreGetSlot"
function when I process X509 certificate( see certificates.c ).