[xmlsec] XMLDSIG and MS CryptoAPI problem...

Csaba CSABAI csaba.csabai at saveas.hu
Tue Jul 8 10:24:57 PDT 2003

Ok, then a bit more understandable, I hope: I want to write a program, what is able to generate itself an XMLDSIG without any other programs (means:xmlsec, xml-security,etc.) This program would use MS CryptoAPI for the crypto engine. The signature verify tools has a response, on the Signature what was generated by the program, its not ok. This is true, since I want to generate from the same content an xml signature, then out of the <SignatureValue> field, everything is identical with the good XML. Therefore sure, that the mistake IS the generated signature. I have looked other signatures generated by other programs (for ex. xmlsec). I did figure out, it is not the digest what have to be set by the CryptoAPI:CryptSignHash as an input (as hash data), but something else! (is it possible that there is something to vary on the source data?)
Finally, the major question is: if I see it correctly, that - the digitally signed hash and the hash in the <DigestValue> is not the same?

Csibi