[xmlsec] Can't Encrypt with command-line utility

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Sun Jul 6 18:30:13 PDT 2003

"--xml-data" option means that the input is an XML file
and some part of this file will be encrypted in the output.
You should specify which node you want to encrypt
and what you want to encrypt (whole node or just node
content, see XML Encryption spec for details). You can
use "--node-*" options to specify the node and you MUST
specify "Type" attribute in the <enc:EncryptedData/>
element of your template (for example,
    Type="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#Content"
tells xmlsec to encrypt the content of the selected node).
The error you have tells exactly about the missing Type
attribute.

 > Also if it is not too much trouble, I would like
 > a simple template and "command line" encrypt example...

There are a lot of examples in the "tests/" folder. I am sorry
but personalized examples are outside of my "free support"
limits :)