[xmlsec] Re: Generate symmetric key

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Wed Jun 18 08:41:50 PDT 2003

As you can see from the code, there is a special GenerateKey function.
Yes, the simplest implementation I have for NSS does use the random
generator but it was only a result of copy/paste from GnuTLS/OpenSSL code.
It would be great to have  symmetric key generated on crypto token.
However, you need to remember that you might need to get *raw* symmetric
key data in some cases (encrypting with encrypted key).

Bottom line: I have no problems with your suggestions. But you might want
to talk with Tej about that too.

Aleksey