[xmlsec] Problem compiling on Mac OS X

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Tue Jun 10 23:17:34 PDT 2003

> In /usr/lib I had libcrypto.0.9.dylib and libssl.0.9.dylib with
> symbolic links to them respectively libcrypto.dylib and libssl.dylib.
> These are the problem.

> I moved the ones in /usr/lib to /tmp and after that xmlsec compiled
> successfully.  I did get a warning:

I would suggest to compile openssl with './config --prefix=/usr/local' and
later compile xmlsec with './configure --with-openssl=/usr/local'. If I
understand
everything correctly it should solve the problem and you would not need
to move
some shared libraries around.

>> ld: warning dynamic shared library: /usr/lib/libz.dylib not made a
>> weak library in output with MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET environment
>> variable set to: 10.1
>

> I assume this is no big deal.  Correct?

No idea. I am not a big Mac expert (actually, I hate Macintosh as a
development platform).

> Now libcrypto.a and libssl.a are static libraries so if I move
> libcrypto.0.9.dylib and libssl.0.9.dylib back to /usr/lib there should
> be no problem with xmlsec.  Correct?

Yes. But I am not sure that moving system libraries is a right way for
compiling xmlsec.
See my suggestion above. This works for me (except that I use
'--prefix=$HOME' instead '--prefix=/usr/local').