[xmlsec] Problem compiling on Mac OS X

Dan Timis timis at museresearch.com
Tue Jun 10 19:31:05 PDT 2003

After doing "./config," "make," and "make install" with openssl I have
a directory /usr/local/ssl/lib and in it there are two libraries:
libcrypto.a and libssl.a

In /usr/lib I had libcrypto.0.9.dylib and libssl.0.9.dylib with
symbolic links to them respectively libcrypto.dylib and libssl.dylib.
These are the problem.

I moved the ones in /usr/lib to /tmp and after that xmlsec compiled
successfully.  I did get a warning:

> ld: warning dynamic shared library: /usr/lib/libz.dylib not made a
> weak library in output with MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET environment
> variable set to: 10.1

I assume this is no big deal.  Correct?

Now libcrypto.a and libssl.a are static libraries so if I move
libcrypto.0.9.dylib and libssl.0.9.dylib back to /usr/lib there should
be no problem with xmlsec.  Correct?

Thanks a lot for all the help,

Dan Timis

On Monday, June 9, 2003, at 07:42 PM, Aleksey Sanin wrote:

> It seems that these functions are not in openssl libs. There are two
>    1) you are compiling with OpenSSL 0.9.7 headers and linking with
> 0.9.6 shared libs.
>    2) your 0.9.7 libs do not have these functions compiled in.
> If you can eliminate the first option, then I would suggest to compile
> OpenSSL in the
> same way as I do:
>
>       ./config --prefix=$HOME no-asm
>       make
>       make install
>
> And see if it helps or what ./configure would print out.  If it would
> not work then I would
> suggest to ask about this on OpenSSL mailing list (sorry, I am not
> sure I am a best
> person to help you with OpenSSL for Mac configuration :( ).
>
> Aleksey
>
>>> ld: Undefined symbols:
>>> _AES_decrypt
>>> _AES_encrypt