[xmlsec] Microsoft .NET compatibility

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Mon May 19 11:28:15 PDT 2003

Rob,

Joseph Reagle (W3C XMLDSig Co-chair) was very interested in this
problem. He contacted
MS guys and it seems that the behaiviour you are describing is not what
they expect:

I heard generally that MS uses the XML parser normalization to normalize
\r\n as per the XML 1.0 specification. They do not normalize line feeds in
the XML Digital Signature code. However, they weren't sure about what
exactly was the problem raised on the xmldsig list and I pointed them to
your archives but haven't heard back.

As I wrote you in private mail before, it would be great if you can
provide an example of xml and
source files that show the problem.  This will greatly help us to find
the problem and fix it.

With best regards,
Aleksey