[xmlsec] Microsoft .NET compatibility

Rich Salz rsalz at datapower.com
Sat May 10 09:15:48 PDT 2003

> First bad news, "line feed normalization" have to be done on parser level.

But see http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#sec-line-ends .
I think if you see \r then you turn it into &#D; and you're done.
Or are you worried that libXML might have already done that, and you don't
want to risk output &#D; ?  But doesn't that work on XmlChar?  You
should never be getting numeric entities from LibXML -- I'd say that's a
bug if you are.

Perhaps you found a LibXML bug?

Good luck.  I've written two implementations of C14N and exc-C14N (one
pair in open souce Python, and pair in C++ for the XS product),
and debugging those is not fun.
        /r$
--
Rich Salz                     Chief Security Architect
DataPower Technology          http://www.datapower.com