[xmlsec] configure.in : NSS configuration

Tejkumar Arora tej at netscape.com
Thu May 1 10:40:12 PDT 2003

Aleksey Sanin wrote:

 > I got this directory structure from Red Hat 8 and 9 I am using :) Seems
 > to work for me
 > and I can produce compatible RPMS. I would not mind if you'll make
 > changes as
 > you want with one requirement: it should still work on my box after
 > that :)

I'm using RedHat 7.x. Ok, I'll find out what the deal is with
the red hat 8 & 9. What I'm looking at is NSS & NSPR packages
you can download from mozilla.org. To use NSS, you typically have
to download both separately - this is what I meant by
"independency".

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/security/nss/releases/ (NSS)
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/nspr/releases/ (NSPR).

There may be combined standard packaging I'm not aware of.

 > I am not sure I got your idea about the independency for NSS and NSPR.
 > You could not use NSS without NSPR. And you can use xmlsec w/o NSS.
 > The dependecy for LibXML2/XSLT is different (LibXML2 is *required* for
 > xmlsec
 > and LibXSLT is always optional).
 >
 > Anyway, I think the simplest way would be if you just prepare a diff and
 > I'll take
 > a look at it. Configuration is always a nightmare and I would be glad to
 > simplify
 > and standartize it. BTW, would it be possible to NSS to add something
 > like
 > "nss-config" script? It would greatly simplify everything.

Ya, that would be useful. I'll work on it...