[xmlsec] How to encrypt with a certain cert?

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Thu Apr 24 10:47:21 PDT 2003

I am not sure I understand your question. The certificate has a RSA
public key
(or DSA but then there is no way to do encrypiton at all). You probably
do not want
to encrypt data with RSA but rather use it for encrypting a symmetric
session
key that encrypts data. Put the RSA key in the keys manager and use it!
Certificate has nothing to do with this! You need to extract the key
from certificate
by yourself.

Aleksey

P.S. I would advice you to read any book about cryptography first. "Applied
Cryptography" would be a good choice.