[xmlsec] versioning and library naming policies

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Tue Apr 1 11:49:27 PST 2003

Does not work:
    1) after this you need to do " libxmlsec-$(RELEASE)_SOURCES=...."  :)
    2) this breaks linking to libxmlsec.so -> libxmlsec-0.1.so.0.1.1

There is another approach (I've described it in the a separate mail) but
I don't
like it much. And here is one more option of renaming everything in new
release
to "xmlsec1", "libxmlsec1.*, etc. but I don't like it either.
Does having multiple static library version is really a strong
requirement? If we can
skip it everything lays out perfectly.

Aleksey