[xmlsec] versioning and library naming policies

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Mon Mar 31 09:34:42 PST 2003

John,

I just looked at the librar namig and it seems that we are doing right
thing already:

    [aleksey at lsh lib]$ ls *xmlsec*.so*
    libxmlsec-gnutls.so            libxmlsec-nss.so.0.1.1
libxmlsec.so.0
    libxmlsec-gnutls.so.0         libxmlsec-openssl.so
libxmlsec.so.0.0.11
    libxmlsec-gnutls.so.0.1.1  libxmlsec-openssl.so.0
libxmlsec.so.0.0.12
    libxmlsec-nss.so                libxmlsec-openssl.so.0.1.1
libxmlsec.so.0.1.1
    libxmlsec-nss.so.0             libxmlsec.so

where *.so *.so.0 are just pointers to corresponding so.0.1.1, etc.
Right now there is
a names conflict (*.so.0) but it should go away because I am going to
name the
new release "1.0" (and then *.so.1 will point to new libraries, when
*.so.0 tp the old ones).

Why do you think it needs to be changed?

With best regards,