[xmlsec] canonicalization and transcoding
sk_home at mail333.com
Sat Mar 29 05:51:58 PST 2003
Hello, Aleksey Sanin.
I'm really sorry, but let me to draw away you ones more...
AS> Next, there is no reason why XML parser should replace
AS> <foo />
AS> The "<foo/>" is a perfectly valid XML.
AS> There is also no reason for XML parser to sort nodes (moreover,
AS> the parser that does it is actualy not an XML parser at all :) ).
W3C Recommendation 15 March 2001
3.3. Start and End Tags
Doesn't this section describe such process?
- *Empty element conversion to start-end tag pair*
- Normalization of whitespace in start and end tags
- Relative order of namespace and attribute axes
- *Lexicographic ordering of namespace and attribute axes*
- Retention of namespace prefixes from original document
- Elimination of superfluous namespace declarations
- Addition of default attribute
AS> Of course, you can force libxml to write document in any other
AS> encoding but this is beyond the limits of the xmlsec library
More information about the xmlsec