[xmlsec] please help to choose a version

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Fri Mar 28 19:43:27 PST 2003

I am not expecting to stop support for 0.0.x a day after new version
release.
However, as you may expect, all the changes will go to the "fresh"
version first.
Backporting changes to old version or not would be decided on case by
case basis.
If you are starting a new project I would strongly advise to go with new
series.
It's slightly faster, easier to program and provide much more control
for application.

And I have to disagree with you about porting from 0.0.x to 0.1.1. I did
ported
about 3500 lines of code for xmlsec command line utility in about a day.
Not
mention, that now it is only about 3000 lines :)

Aleksey