[xmlsec] Microsoft .NET compatibility

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Tue Mar 25 10:58:26 PST 2003

Hi, Rob!

Currently XML Security Library implements XML Digital Signature and XML
Encryption
standards. If Microsoft correctly implemented these specifications then
there should be no
problem with inter-operability between MS.NET and XML Sec Library. And
if it does not
work as expected then there is a bug either in Microsoft or my code (I
would be happy to
fix mine :) ).

I don't have any plans to implement WS-security specs because of two
simple reasons:
    1) I don't need them myself right now.
    2) I heard about some patents issues around WS-security and I do not
want to deal
    with Microsoft or IBM lawyers.
However, I would be happy to help you if you decide to go and write code
by yourself.
And I accept contributions (if patent issues are not a problem) :)

Also it might happen that someone else on this list would be interested
in writing this code
and can help you. Again, I'll be glad to help with answering questions,
etc. If you need,
I can setup mailing list, web server, cvs,... for this project on my
server as well.

Finaly, there is a possible option of sponsoring this work by your
university or company.
If you are intereted, we can discuss it in a private mails.

With best regards,