[xmlsec] XPointer problem

Matthias Jung matthias.jung at xtradyne.com
Wed Mar 12 01:18:18 PST 2003

Ok, that clearifys a lot.
My intention of putting "#xpointer(/1/2)" within the signature's
reference was to use the shorthand form "/1/2".
Due to the xmlsec restriction xpointer expressions always have to start
with "#xpointer(" or "#xmlns(",
I just injected the shorthand form into the #xpoitner(expr) statement.
Unfortunately I did not know the meaning would be different.

I have adapted my tests using the longer expression
"xpointer(/*[1]/*[2])"  and everything is fine.
Do you see a chance (or need) of supporting the shorthand form of
xpointers in xmlsec?
I am not sure if this would confilct with the possible ID attribute
meaning within the URI attribute.

Thanks for effort on working out the different meanings between these
statements

Matthias