[xmlsec] XML digital signature enveloped

David Varas david.varas at usach.cl
Tue Mar 11 14:39:13 PST 2003

HI :

I'm using your api for sign and verify digital signatures, and I want to sign with  Enveloped Transform, a document like this:

<test>
  <item>
      <data>444444<data>
  </item>
</test>

But only I want to sign the content of the "data" tag (4444).

I'm signed the document with xmlsec, but when I'm use
-xmlSecReferenceAddTransform(referenceNode,xmlSecTransformEnveloped);

and the reference node create like this

-xmlSecSignedInfoAddReference(signedInfoNode,NULL,NULL,NULL);

ALL the document it's signed, not only the content of the <data>.

How I can with transform ennveloped do that (without ID's)¿?

It's Ok  that way or not¿?.

¿Exist some diference beetwen <reference URI=""> and <reference>?

Thanks

David Varas