[xmlsec] status of crypto engine refactoring?

John Belmonte jvb at prairienet.org
Sun Jan 26 20:34:48 PST 2003

Aleksey, would you give an update on your work to separate the
OpenSSL-dependent code?

For a project I'm working on, we are interested in adding GnuTLS engine
support.  At the same time I would like to add support for PGP keys.

Having *any* GPL-compatible crypto engine available will also be a help
for getting xmlsec into Debian.  Up until now I haven't been able to
find a sponsor to officially add xmlsec to Debian, because the people
with the authority seem to view packages that are dependent on OpenSSL
as taboo.

Regards,
-John

--