[xmlsec] Re: problem encrypting when using Windows 2000 ?

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Tue Jan 7 15:52:38 PST 2003

Igor,

Thanks for looking into this! I believe that there is a problem with
exporting pointers from dlls. In xmlsec I have static objects in the
DLL and I export pointers to these objects. The error Meg and
some other folks have is caused by the fact that these pointers are
NULL in the application (or point to garbage in some cases).
AFAIK, libxml and libxslt does not use such technique and there is
no surprise that your binaries work just fine for these libraries :)
When it's a simple and clear operation on *nix, it seems to be a problem
on Windows because of the compiler(s), compiler options or whatever.
I am working on fixing this but this will have to wait till the big new
release because of binary compatibility issues.

Aleksey