[xmlsec] Re: problem encrypting when using Windows 2000 ?

Igor Zlatkovic igor at zlatkovic.com
Tue Jan 7 15:49:36 PST 2003

Hi Meg,

I tried and tried, but wasn't able to reproduce that error.

I use a slightly newer compiler than you do. As far as I know, the binaries
produced by that compiler are fully compatible with those produced by VC 6.
There should be no problems.

However, there are some, obviously. Things might go good if you recompile
xmlsec with VC 6 but I fear that is not the root of the problem. After all,
libxml and libxslt binaries on my site are made with the same compiler, are
being downloaded fifty times a day in average and many who use them do it
with VC 6. The problem never occured in a package other than xmlsec.

I believe that the best way is to find the real source of the peril. If it
is in the xmlsec code, it must be fixed. If you did something wrong in your
code, then few others are obviously doing the same and it should be
discovered what that is. Finally, if the compiler is the problem, then I'll
start making binaries with VC 6.

I have produced xmlsec 0.0.11 with VC 6 for you to test. You can get it at
http://zlatkovic.com/projects/libxml/libxmlsec-0.0.11.win32.vc6.zip
Check if that one works.

If you have code which demonstrates the error for me to use locally for
debugging, it would be very helpful.

Ciao,
Igor