[xmlsec] [Q.] verification fail (can not find <KeyInfo>)

Aleksey Sanin aleksey@aleksey.com
Tue, 07 Jan 2003 01:20:28 -0800

As far as I can understand the spec,

<dsig:RetrievalMethod
Type="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#RSAKeyValue" .../>

should point to <dsig:RSAKeyValue/> element. In your XML it points to
<dsig:KeyInfo/>
element which seems wrong to me. I would agree that the XML DSig is not
fully clear
here but I believe there was a disussion in XML DSig working group
mailing list about this.
However, I might be wrong and it'll be great to get second opinion on
this. Rich?

Aleksey