[xmlsec] Verifying multiple signature

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Sat Dec 7 20:08:02 PST 2002

The library API requires the <dsig:Signature> node specification:
    http://www.aleksey.com/xmlsec/api/xmlsec-xmldsig.html#XMLSECDSIGVALIDATE
and the xmlsec command line utility also has an option to set the
<dsig:Siganture> node ID attribute with  "--node-id" option
    http://www.aleksey.com/xmlsec/xmlsec-man.html
(please do not forget that you have to have DTD if you want to use
ID attribute).

In order to verify signature that contains other signatures you need to
just verify one after another. However, if you generate such a complex
signature you probably want to make sure that you don't have "cross
dependencies".

Aleksey.